Friday, November 10, 2017

Singing Winter Birdies

Catch the Bug Challenge Blog's theme this week is "Anything Goes." I created this card with Bugaboo's "Winter Bird Trio" digital image. I love the expressions on the faces of the 2 birds on either end. Kind of disgusted with the middle bird being so happy when it's so cold! LOL

I used Sketch #SC585 from Splitcoaststampers.com as the basis for my design. I sized the image in Photoshop to fit the top panel, and printed it on a piece of Canson XL Mixed Media paper. I colored the scene with my Inktense pencils, using a damp paintbrush to pick up the color from the pencils & apply it to the paper.

For the greeting, I couldn't find one in my stash that would work with the sketch, so I created my own in Photoshop. I opened a 4.25x0.5" blank canvas and typed the greeting on that. I sized the text to fit, and printed it on a strip of cream cardstock.

I matted my pieces with red cardstock, using 2 patterned papers from my scrap stash for the lower panels. Finally, I adhered that to a white A2 card base. A really easy card to pull together!

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge: "Snow White"
Send a Smile 4 Kids: "Happy Holidays 4 Kids"

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Andrea! Love the colors and design. Thanks for sharing with Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable and fun love it. The papers and design is awesome.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!