Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Merry Christmas


Julie Ebersole had a lesson on Day 4 of "Merry Making" at Online Card Classes on camouflage die cutting. I've done this before, but I still love how it produces that, "How'd she do that???" factor!

I stamped a panel of white cardstock with images from My Favorite Things' "Sophisticated Snowflake," (discontinued) using Hero Arts Cornflower & Soft Lilac and Memento Summer Sky inks. I filled in some of the small empty areas with a snowflake image from Hero Arts' "Color Layering Christmas Tree." Once I'd finished, I stamped the "Christmas" from Clearly Besotted's "Holiday Sentiments" (apparently discontinued) in Versafine Onyx Black ink.

Detail of the greeting
I used the "Merry" die from Winnie & Walter to complete my greeting. I die cut it from the panel, and 4 more times from white cardstock. I stacked those together, and adhered it back into the negative space in my stamped panel. I really love how this came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!