Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Christmas Blessings


On Day 1 of Online Card Classes' "Merry Making" class, Kristina Werner had a lesson on bokeh backgrounds. I created this card based on that lesson.

I cut a panel of 140 lb. watercolor paper and taped it to a cutting board. I used Peacock Feathers & Faded Jeans Distress Oxide inks, adding a bit of Black Soot Distress ink at the bottom to create an ombre. Then I did the bokeh effect with a wet paintbrush, following the instructions in Kristina's tutorial.

I stamped several snowflakes from My Favorite Things' "Sophisticated Snowflake" set (discontinued), and heat embossed with Ranger Silver embossing powder. I stamped some additional snowflakes with Lawn Fawn Yeti white pigment ink, just for another, more subtle look.

For my greeting, I used Simon Says Stamp's "Christmas Blessings" die. I cut it once from white cardstock & again from black. I glued the black onto my panel, then overlaid the white, slightly offset to give a shadow appearance.

To finish my card, I matted my panel in grey & navy cardstocks, trimming a 1/16" border on each. Then I adhered it to a white A2 card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!