Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Glitter Balloons


I've been participating in Online Card Classes' "Sparkle & Shine" class. On Day 1 of class, Jennifer McGuire had a lesson on "Glitter Die Cut Inlay." I used her tutorial as inspiration for this card.

I die cut my balloons from purple cardstock using 4 of the "Party Balloons" dies from Lawn Fawn. I added the panel to my adhesive sheet, & sprinkled on some glitter, creating a gradient effect. After burnishing the glitter in, I adhered that panel to a 4.25x5.5" piece of white cardstock.

I poked holes at the base of each balloon, and threaded crochet twine through the holes. I tied the twine in bows, and then, for each balloon, cut one end short, leaving the other end long. I pulled the long ends around the bottom of the card, and taped them on the back.

For the greeting, I used the "Happy" stamp from Simon Says Stamp's "It's Your Birthday," and one of the "Birthday" stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' "Script Birthdays" set. I stamped them on a scrap of yellow cardstock in Versamark, and heat embossed with Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold embossing powder. I cut that into a strip, & trimmed one end at an angle. I adhered it to my panel with a little ATG tape, & used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to staple two gold staples in one end. Finally, I mounted my card front to a white A2 card base, and dotted the knots of the bows with a little Perfect Paper Adhesive glue to keep them from coming undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!