Monday, October 10, 2016

Birthday Surprise Shaker


This is another card inspired by Online Card Classes' "Wild Card" class. I have a friend who has a birthday this week, and decided to create a card for her based on Laurie Willison's shaker card lesson on Day 4.

I didn't have the die she used for the main panel, so I had to improvise. I die cut a panel from green cardstock with the largest of Simon Says Stamp's "Stitched Rectangles." I cut a flap into that with my craft knife, using an old Notch & Die tool for the tab.

I stamped one of the large images from WPlus9's "Spring Blooms" set onto white cardstock, using Memento Cottage Ivy ink for the leaves & Cantaloupe for the flower center; and Hero Arts Pale Tomato for the flowers. Since there is no coordinating die for that particular image, I fussy cut it. I die cut a panel from white cardstock using one of the "Small Stitched Rectangle" dies from Lawn Fawn. I stamped my greeting, using the "It's Your Birthday" set by Simon Says Stamp, in Versafine Onyx Black, & adhered it to the flap on my card panel. Then I glued the flower cluster in place.

Inside of front shaker panel
I created a backer sheet for my shaker part by blending Twisted Citron & Mowed Lawn Distress inks onto a piece of Canson XL Mixed Media Paper, to create an ombre effect. I spritzed it with water from a Distress Sprayer, and blotted up the water, creating "bleach" spots in the ink. I created my shaker, adding some stamped & die cut images from "Spring Blooms," and sequins & seed beads. After assembling my shaker, I adhered it to the front of a white A2 card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!