Thursday, September 15, 2016

Boo!


My Favorite Things is have a Card Design Superstar challenge. Participants can submit up to 3 cards, using only MFT products. This is my first card.


I chose Sketch #SC551 from Splitcoaststampers.com as the basis for my design. I began by stamping the little girl from MFT's "Batty About You" (discontinued) with Versafine Onyx Black ink on a piece of 140 lb. watercolor paper. I colored her with my Inktense pencils, using a damp paintbrush to pick up the color from the pencils & blend it on my paper. I also did a bit of shading under her, to ground her a bit. I added some shine to her eyes with a Sakura black glaze pen, and clear Wink of Stella glitter to the wings on her costume. When everything had dried, I masked the girl & ground off, and used Black Marble Dylusions mist to create some spatters on my panel.

For the background, I cut a piece of striped paper from The Paper Studio's "Trick or Treat" pad. I also cut a diagonal strip from one of the patterned papers in Jillibean Soup's "Owloween Stew" 6x6" pad. I adhered the spiderweb pattern in place, and added a strip of black grosgrain ribbon above it. Then I adhered my focal panel in place.

I stamped the "Boo!" from MFT's "Spooky Sentiments" set (also discontinued) onto a piece of black cardstock, and heat embossed it with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder. I cut that into a small banner, pierced a hole in one end, and tied it to the ribbon on my card with some white crochet thread. I did add a glue dot under the banner, just to hold it in place. Finally, I matted my panel with black cardstock, and adhered it to a white A2 card base.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Send a Smile 4 Kids: "Cute Fall or Halloween 4 Kids"
Virginia's View Challenge #23: "Spray, Mist, and Splatter"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!