Monday, August 8, 2016

Have a Sweet Birthday


The theme for the current Lawnscaping challenge is "Pattern Palooza." I decided to create a second card for this challenge.


I stamped the gumball machine from Lawn Fawn's "Sweet Smiles" set onto a scrap of white cardstock. I colored the image with my Prismacolor colored pencils, blending the colors with Gamsol on a paper blending stump. After I'd finished coloring, I die cut it with the coordinating die.

For the greeting, I stamped the "BIRTHDAY" using Lawn Fawn's "Owen's ABC's." I used Hero Arts shadow inks in Pale Tomato, Orange Soda, Lemon Yellow, Lime Green, Pool, Navy, Grape Juice, & Raspberry Jam. When I had stamped all the letters, I used a 1/2" EK Success circle punch to punch them out. For the rest of the greeting, I used 2 stamps from "Sweet Smiles": "Have a ball" & "You're So Sweet." I masked off the "ball" in the first stamp, inked it with Versafine Onyx Black, & stamped it with my MISTI. Then I positioned the other stamp, masked off the "You're so," and inked & stamped it. Finally, I cut that into a banner with a die from a Project Life die set, and inked the edges with Worn Lipstick Distress ink.

I used 2 different patterned papers for my background. The teal stripe was a scrap from Carta Bella's "Soak Up the Sun" 6x6" pad, that I had left over from another card. The pink grid paper was from my scrap stash. I adhered them both to a piece of black paper that I'd cut to 4.25x5.5". I adhered my banner with the first part of my greeting in place, and then used Perfect Paper Adhesive to glue the letters for "BIRTHDAY" below it. I popped up my gumball machine with foam tape, and added just a bit of shading underneath with 2 grey Prismacolor pencils. All that was left was to adhere my card front to a white A2 card base.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Through the Craft Room Door: "Anything Goes"
Send a Smile 4 Kids: "For the Girls"
Live Love Cards August Challenge: "Birthday Cards"

6 comments:

  1. I love this gumball stamp/die set! I own this one also but have only made 1 pocket letter with it so far. Need to get a card made. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a bright and cheerful child's card and perfect for SAS4Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! I really love the faces on the gum balls! Thank you so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!