Thursday, June 23, 2016

Hello


On to Day 4 of My Favorite Things' Camp Create! The theme of the day is "Delightful Die Cutting." I used almost all the "Happy Hellos" dies on my card.


After applying Stick It adhesive to the backs of pieces of blue & kraft cardstock, I die cut one of the hellos from blue, and 4 others multiple times from the kraft. I then cut a panel of kraft cardstock to 4.25x5.5", and adhered my blue hello. I positioned the kraft die cuts around it, just dry fitting them at first. When I had the arrangement like I wanted, I started adhering them to the panel. I worked one die cut at a time. The 2 "hi" words I'd also cut out of a scrap of cardstock, so I could use the negative to help me place the letters and the tittles on the "i's." After I got them all stuck down, I made sure all the words were positioned properly, and at least reasonably straight. Then I burnished them all down with my bone folder, to make sure they stuck completely.

I trimmed down my main panel to 4x5.25", just cutting 1/8" off each side to keep the design balanced. I took another A2-sized piece of kraft, and inked around the edges with Ground Espresso Distress ink. When the ink had dried, I adhered my panel to that, and finally mounted it to a white A2 card base.

I'm also entering this in the June challenge at Live Love Cards: "Large Sentiments."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!