Thursday, June 23, 2016

Happy Christmas Shaker



The final day of My Favorite Things' Camp Create is "Spectacular Shakers." I figured this would be easy, since I have done shaker cards before. This time, though, I did it a little differently. Typically, I use acetate behind a cardstock window, and a double layer of foam tape so my shaker bits will shake. For my card here, I took inspiration from these cards by Carissa Wiley, and used a page protector and my Fuse tool to create my shaker pocket. 
I began by making my shaker pocket. I taped one of the tag dies from the "Blueprints 13" set to my page protector, and used it as a guide to "trace" around the sides & bottom with my Fuse tool. I left the top of my pocket open so I could put in the sequins & seed beads. I used my craft knife to trim the sides, and scissors to cut the curved bottom edge, just outside the fused lines.

For the greeting, I die cut the arrow from "Blueprints 13" from light blue cardstock. I stamped the "Happy Christmas," from Simon Says Stamp's "Circle Sayings Holiday" in Versamark ink, and heat embossed it with Ranger Silver embossing powder. I die cut a circle with another "Blueprints 13" die from navy cardstock, and stamped one of the "Sophisticated Snowflakes" from MFT on that, also silver heat embossing it. I backed that with a die cut pinked-edge circle from silver glitter cardstock.

I die cut a piece of patterned paper from my scrap stash with the stitched rectangle from "Blueprints 13." I matted it with a pale blue cardstock, with a 1/8" border on all sides. After filling my shaker pocket with sequins from Doodlebug Design & Pretty Pink Posh and seed beads from my stash, I taped it to my background with painter's tape, being careful not to tip it upside-down! I stitched the top to the card front with silver thread on my sewing machine. This both attached it to my card, and closed up the shaker pocket. I adhered my circle & arrow to the panel & pocket with my ATG adhesive runner. I added a little ATG tape to the back of the pocket behind the arrow, just to provide some more stability. Finally, I mounted my card front to a white A2 card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!