Sunday, May 22, 2016

Season's Greetings


Merry Monday Christmas Challenge Blog has been having a "Snow Globe" theme this week. I immediately thought of my "Snow Globe Gala" digi stamp set by Doodle Pantry. As it turned out, having a greeting was probably the most problematic part of this card!


After sizing & formatting my elements for the snow globe in Photoshop, I printed the image on a panel of Canson XL Mixed Media paper that I'd die cut with one of the "Small Stitched Rectangle" dies by Lawn Fawn. I stamped the penguin from Lawn Fawn's "Winter Penguin" set inside the snow globe using Ranger Archival Jet Black ink. I also extended the line for the base behind the globe using a fine-tip black marker.

I die cut a piece of patterned paper from my scrap stash with the "Small Stitched Rectangle" die I'd used for the main panel, then trimmed it to size. I printed just the base for the snow globe on that, and cut that part out with my scissors. I laid it in place on my main panel, and marked where the top of it was with pencil.

I used my Inktense pencils to color in the penguin, adding a little of the Payne's Grey to the "ice" he's skating on for some shading. I also colored in the base & topper of the snow globe, using a damp paintbrush to pick up color from the pencils. When that had all dried, I painted the background with diluted Shabby Shutters Distress ink. I let that dry, and added "snowflakes" inside the globe with a white gel pen. Finally, I added a few light streaks of white acrylic paint to the globe, as highlights.

For the greeting, I applied Tarnished Brass Distress Stain to a scrap of bristol paper. I formatted the greeting in Photoshop, and printed it on the bristol. Then I cut it out, following the curve of the text, and glued it onto the snow globe.

To finish my card, I glued the patterned paper in place, die cut a mat from some pearlized cardstock by The Paper Studio with the largest of Lawn Fawn's "Large Stitched Rectangle" dies, and adhered everything to a white A2 card base.

2 comments:

  1. I love the little penguin skating in the snow globe, Andrea! Great job of watercolor and your got the sentiment just right! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!