Monday, November 30, 2015

You're Cool


I just wrapped up making holiday cards for Send a Smile 4 Kids. I have had the "Arctic Penguins" and "Jolly and Merry" stamp sets from Mama Elephant for several months, and haven't used them much, since I couldn't really come up with any ideas. Finally, I thought to do a search for "Arctic Penguins" on Pinterest (head slap!). I found lots of ideas there, including the one that inspired this card.

I used the "Stitched Film Strip" die from Pretty Pink Posh. Because the die isn't long enough for what I wanted to do, I had to do a little creative die cutting. I first cut all but one end from some black paper. Then I lined up the die with where I'd already cut, extending it up the paper more, and finished cutting the filmstrip. I didn't really cut both ends "closed," since my paper wasn't long enough, but I had to cut it a little shorter anyway, so it worked out.

I stamped 4 of the penguins on white cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black ink, cut them with the coordinating dies, and colored their beaks with an orange marker. I placed them behind the filmstrip frames, and marked where to cut them so they wouldn't stick out beyond the edges. After trimming them, I glued them to the back of the frame. Then I took a strip of patterned paper from BoBunny's "Candy Cane Lane" 6x6" pad and adhered it to the back of the filmstrip & penguins.

After I adhered the filmstrip in place, I placed the card in my MISTI. I used my grid template to line up the greeting, from "Jolly and Merry," and stamped it on my card in Versafine. All I had left to do was trim off the filmstrip where it hung over the edges, and another holiday card was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!