Friday, November 13, 2015

Thank You


Jennifer McGuire is challenging everyone to "Share Handmade Kindness." The idea is to create something handmade--a card, baked goods, crocheted whatever, etc.--and give it to someone. During the first week of her challenge, the emphasis was on friends & family. This week, it's on members of the community. I decided to bake cookies for the firefighters & EMTs at one of our local firehouses. I also created this thank you card for them.

Me with 5 of Jacksonville's finest!

I chose Sketch #77 from Operation Write Home's archives for my design:


I used the "Thank You Circle Seal" stamp by Stampabilities, and heat embossed the greeting onto a piece of dark blue cardstock with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder. I die cut that with a Spellbinders "Standard Circles SM" die. I also used dies in that set to cut my other 2 circles. I layered each circle on the next larger one, and glued them together. Then I glued that to a piece of patterned paper by Recollections, that I'd cut to 4.25x5.5".

For the embellishments, I chose 3 buttons from my stash, and sewed them on with dark blue embroidery floss. I also added a few dots of Glossy Accents under each button, just for extra security. Finally, I adhered my card front to a white A2 card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!