Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Release Your Inner Superhero!


The "You are my Superhero" challenge at Splitcoast Stampers was another one I thought I wasn't up to doing. Mostly, because I have no superhero images and wasn't feeling particularly inspired. But I finally decided to go for it anyway.

I used Sketch #99 from Operation Write Home's archives:


For my superhero, I found this one through a Google search. I paired her with the "Sillyscape" digital stamp by Hero Arts (discontinued). I was still at a loss for a greeting, so I did another online search for "super hero greeting cards." I found a greeting that I felt would be perfect for a cancer patient, and used a font on my computer to type it above the images in Photoshop. Finally, I printed the images & greeting onto a piece of 140 lb. Canson XL watercolor paper.

I colored my superhero girl with Inktense pencils. For the cityscape, I used Pumice Stone Distress ink as a watercolor, and used Blueprint Sketch Distress ink for the sky, being careful to paint around the figure.

To finish the card, I cut a strip of chevron patterned paper from the Simple Stories SN@P "Color Vibe" 6x6" pad, and adhered it to a piece of navy cardstock. I used that to mat my focal panel, then mounted the completed card front to a white A2 card base.

2 comments:

  1. She looks fab with that Sillyscapes bg! You might want to check out this a2z link! http://a2zscrapbookingblog.com/2015/11/05/what-more-winners/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!