Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pink Thanks


Mary Collins challenged "Hope You Can Cling To" participants to make a thank you card, using pink. I CASEd this card by Shari Carroll, using Simon Says Stamp's "Thanks" die & "Blocked Greetings" stamp set.

I began by cutting a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media paper to 4x5.25". I lightly penciled in a diagonal line, and used that as a guide to stamp my top row of "thanks" in Hero Arts Bubble Gum ink. I stamped the second row below that, and staggered so the stamps didn't line up exactly. Then I erased my pencil line.

Once I'd finished stamping, I took the "Thanks" die and die cut it from the panel. I also cut it from a scrap of burgundy cardstock. I backed the negative space in my panel with a piece of acetate, using Ranger Multi Medium Matte to glue the more detailed parts to the acetate. I ran my die cut through my Xyron Sticker Maker, and then adhered it on top of the acetate in the negative space on my panel.

I rounded the upper left & lower right corners of my panel with my 1/2" Corner Chomper. I had seen someone do this in a YouTube video, and liked the look. (Unfortunately, I don't remember who did it!) I also flicked on droplets of Dylusions Bubblegum Pink mist. To give the card some dimension, I cut a piece of fun foam to slightly smaller than the panel size. I cut out a window in the foam where the die cut thanks goes, and adhered the foam to the back of my panel with Scor-tape.

I inked the edges of a piece of white cardstock with Picked Raspberry Distress ink. I also inked where the background would be seen behind the die cut window in my panel. After letting the ink dry completely (so the adhesive would stick), I adhered my panel to the background with more Scor-tape. I adhered that to a white A2 card base, and rounded the corners.

I'm also entering this card in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!