Monday, November 30, 2015

JOY


I must admit, over the past couple of weeks, I really went to town making holiday cards for Send a Smile 4 Kids. I didn't finish as many as I would have liked, but I got several done any way.

For this card I used Operation Write Home's Sketch #163:


I didn't do the small squares, but just had my image take up the whole focal panel.

I used the "Penguin Joy" digi image from Bugaboo Stamps. I printed it on 140 lb. watercolor paper, and colored it with Inktense pencils & a damp paintbrush. I added Marvy Uchida Liquid Applique to the snow clumps on the letters, and heated that after it had dried to puff it up. I also added clear Wink of Stella to the letters, the little heart on the penguin, and the snow on the ground. For the sky, I applied a wash of Broken China Distress ink. Then I set that aside to dry.

I cut a piece of patterned paper from my scrap stash to the size in the sketch, and adhered it to a piece of green cardstock I'd cut to cover the front of my white A2 card base. When my focal panel had dried, I adhered that in place. Very simple. The longest parts of the process were choosing my design & coloring the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!