Sunday, November 22, 2015

Holiday Style--Shape Stamping


On Day 3 of Online Card Classes' "Holiday Style," May Park had a lesson on "Classic Shape Stamping." I created my card based on her lesson.

I first drew a triangle on a 4.25x5.5" panel of white cardstock. Then I used several small stamps from various sets (Hero Arts "Joy Snowman," Lawn Fawn "Peace Joy Love," Clearly Besotted "Holiday Sentiments," and one that I don't know the name of) to fill it in. The inks I used were Hero Arts Butter Bar, Red Royal, & Green Hills. Once I had all my images stamped, I used the smallest dot stamp from "Bokeh Dots" (Essentials by Ellen) to fill in any blank spots. Then I heat embossed those dots with Ranger Gold embossing powder.

For the greeting, I chose one from Hero Arts "Very Merry Christmas" set. I placed my card in my MISTI, and positioned my greeting stamp. I masked off the bottom portion, and inked the top with Green Hills, then removed my masking tape and stamped the first part. I cleaned my stamp (which I realized afterwards was really unnecessary in this case), and masked off the top. I used Red Royal on the "Holiday Season" part, and stamped that.

I punched a star from white cardstock that I'd covered in Stick It adhesive, using a punch from The Paper Studio. I then coated it in gold glitter, and glued it to the top of the tree. I applied 1/8" wide strips of Scor-Tape to either side of my panel, and covered them in the same gold glitter. Finally, I mounted my panel to a white A2 card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!