Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Floral Thanks


For the "Thanks Bunches" challenge at Splitcoast Stampers' "Hope You Can Cling To" card drive, I used this card by Julie Ebersole for my inspiration.

I began by stamping a piece of 140 lb. watercolor paper with 3 of the flowers from the "Flower Garden" set by Tim Holtz, using Ranger Archival Watering Can ink. When the ink had dried, I painted over them with Distress inks in Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Abandoned Coral, and Seedless Preserves. I went for kind of a loosey-goosey, washy watercolor look.

For the greeting, I die cut Lawn Fawn's "Scripty Thanks" die 5 times from black paper. I glued the die cuts together with Multi Medium Matte, then glued them to the card front. I felt the card needed a little something extra, so I ran 2 lines of black machine stitching around the edges, and splattered some Dylusions Black Marble mist over the panel. Finally, I adhered my completed card front to a white A2 card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!