Friday, November 6, 2015

Bee Strong


One of the challenges for the final day of "Hope You Can Cling To" is aptly named "Finish Line." The challenge is to have a hand-drawn line on your project, and have another element of your card cross it. This was one of the easiest for me to do!

For my card design, I used Sketch #B-5 from Operation Write Home:


I have to admit, when I came across this sketch in my binder, I knew immediately that I would use this design, because of the line going behind the circle in the sketch.

I used the bee stamp & one of the greetings from Simon Says Stamp's "Circle Friends" stamp set, as well as 5 different shades of pink cardstock. I cut my cardstock pieces to 4.25x1.5", except for the topmost one, which I left wider. Then I punched one long edge of each strip with Fiskars' "Upper Crest" border punch. I think the hardest part of this whole card was figuring out the spacing of the strips on my background! After I finally determined how much space to leave between the punched edge of each strip, I adhered them in place with my ATG gun. I did end up trimming down the darkest strip before adhering it in place.

I stamped the greeting in Versafine Onyx Black ink on a scrap of the lightest pink, and die cut it with a Spellbinders "Standard Circles SM" die. I stamped the bee, also in Versafine, on a piece of Strathmore smooth bristol cardstock, colored it with my Zig Clean Color pens, and cut it out. I stamped it again on the card front, mostly to get the antennae back, and glued my fussy-cut piece on top. Finally, I added glitter to the wings with my clear Wink of Stella brush pen, & drew the bee trail (my line) with a white Uni-Ball Signo Broad gel pen. Hopefully, a cancer patient at MD Anderson Cancer Center will get encouragement from this card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!