Sunday, October 18, 2015

You're Always in My Heart


The challenge posted on October 5, for this year's "Hope You Can Cling To" card drive at Splitcoast Stampers, is "Don't Color Between the Lines." The idea is to take an image, and not color it. I've had this loon stamp (source unknown) for a long time. It was hard not to color any of it, especially the water. But I think it still creates a peaceful image.

I stamped the loons on a piece of white cardstock, using Hero Arts Charcoal mid-tone shadow ink. I then die cut & embossed it with a Spellbinders "Classic Ovals SM" die. For the greeting, I chose one from Hero Arts' "You're Always in My Heart" stamp set. I stamped it also on white cardstock in Charcoal ink. I used the "Susan's Labels" template by Hot Off The Press (which I believe is no longer available) to trace the label shape around the greeting, then cut it out with my scissors. I glued both the greeting & loons to a piece of blue-grey cardstock. I wanted the look of a matted print with a title plate. So I inserted a heart mini brad in each end of the greeting label, to "hold" the "title plate." I also punched the corners with an EK Success decorative corner punch.

To finish this simple card, I matted the panel onto a piece of pink cardstock, and rounded the corners with my 3/8" Corner Chomper. I rounded the corners of my white A2 card base as well, and mounted the card front to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!