Monday, October 26, 2015

The Perfect Blend


The challenge theme on October 21, 2015, for the "Hope You Can Cling To" card drive, is "Relationships Matter!" I decided to use a greeting & one of the images from Fiskars' "Latte Love" stamp set for my card.

I first stamped the coffee cup image with Versafine Onyx Black ink on a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media paper. I also stamped it on a piece of masking paper, and cut that out. I masked the coffee cup, and stamped another right next to it, to make it look like the second one was behind the first. After coloring the cups with my Inktense pencils, I used one of the "Stitched Circles" dies by Simon Says Stamp to cut the image.

I stamped the greeting in Versafine, also on Mixed Media paper, and die cut it with one of Pretty Pink Posh's "Stitched Tags 1" dies. I punched a hole reinforcer piece from pink cardstock with a 1/4" hole punch, and glued it to my tag. After the glue dried, I punched through both layers with a 1/16" hole punch. I threaded some twine from Queen & Company through the hole, and tied it in a bow. Finally, I added some Ranger Multi Medium Matte to the knot in the bow, to help keep it from coming untied.

With the greeting & image being somewhat bold, I decided to go soft for the background. I cut a piece of pink gingham paper from the "Latest & Greatest" 6x6" pad by Authentique to 4x5.25". I matted it with the same pink cardstock I'd used for the hole reinforcer on the tag. After gluing the tag & focal image to the background, I mounted the completed card front to a white A2 card base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!