Friday, October 30, 2015

A Little Something


Another card, another challenge theme for "Hope You Can Cling To"! This time, it's "I Believe in Prayers, Love, & Fairy Dust." The challenge is to use a spunky fairy image in our design. I was afraid I was going to have to bow out of this challenge, though, because I have exactly zero fairy images in my collection. It just is SO not my thing. Thankfully, another Splitcoast Stampers member mentioned in a comment on the "Fairy Dust" forum thread that you can find free fairy coloring book images to download. She provided a link for a Google search results page, so that's where I found this image!

I chose Operation Write Home's Sketch #177 for my design:


I sized my image in Photoshop, added a greeting from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, and printed it onto a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media paper. I colored her in with Inktense pencils, giving the fairy a Hispanic complexion. It just seemed to go with her overall look. When the color was dry, I went over her wings with my clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen, to add a bit of sparkle & shimmer.

I chose 3 patterned papers from the "Paddywack" 6x6" paper pad by Recollections. After cutting them to size, I matted the background & the 2x4" strip with a light yellow-green cardstock. I used Twisted Citron Distress ink to ink the edges of the focal panel, and heat embossed that with Ranger Holographic embossing powder. Just a little more fairy dust on my card!

After I had adhered my background & the banner to my white A2 card base, I measured & marked where I wanted my brads to go. I coated each brad in Versamark ink, then dipped it in the Holographic embossing powder. After melting the powder with my heat tool, I dipped the brad in the jar of powder again before the melted powder had cooled. I hit that with my heat tool, and let it cool. Even more fairy dust! :) I inserted the brads into the 2x4" panel, and adhered it to the background. I popped my focal panel up with foam tape, and this card was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!