Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Wish Big


My brother turned 39 last week, but we aren't able to get together to celebrate until this weekend. So I've had a little extra time to make his birthday cards. ;) I made this pop-up card for one, and plan to include a gift card on the slider tag, that he will find when he "opens" the card!

To create the card, I followed the instructions in this tutorial on Splitcoaststampers. I chose a patterned paper from Me & My Big Ideas for the front, and adhered it to a piece of lightweight white cardstock, just to add stability to it. I then cut & scored the front, following the instructions.

For the focal panel on the card front, I stamped the cake, candles, & one of the greetings from the "Wish Big" stamp set, designed by Julie Ebersole for Essentials by Ellen. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and colored them with colored pencils, blending that out with Gamsol on a paper stump. Finally, I matted the panel with a light blue cardstock, and adhered it to the slider portion of the card front.


For the inside/back of the card, I used a piece of light blue cardstock. For the portion that shows through when you pull the slider tag, I stamped a greeting from Simon Says Stamp's "Big Birthday Wishes" in Hero Arts Navy ink. And that finished off this card. Hopefully he will like the card itself, and not just the gift card that will be attached! LOL

I'm entering my card in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge.

4 comments:

  1. What an intricate and thoughtful design, Andrea! Your brother is going to love it! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!