Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Definition of "Laugh"


Catch the Bug Challenge Blog is having their monthly "Stella Says Sketch" challenge--#310. This is the sketch they posted:


For once, I stuck to the sketch exactly! I began by choosing Bugaboo Stamp's "Laugh Sentiment" digital image. I sized it in Photoshop, printed it out on copy paper, and die cut & embossed a circle with a Spellbinders "Standard Circles LG" die to fit. I adhered that over the printout with temporary adhesive, and ran it through my printer again, to print the greeting on the circle. I die cut a scalloped circle using a Lifestyle Crafts "Nesting Scallops" die from some darker yellow cardstock, and glued the greeting circle to that.

I cut a piece of patterned paper (from my scrap stash) to 3x5.25". I also cut a piece of cardstock to 1x5.25", and adhered both to a piece of yellow-orange cardstock that I'd cut to a standard A2 size. Finally, I glued my circle piece in place.

For the 3 "dots" in the sketch, I pulled out some orange snaps that I've had forever. After marking where they would go with a pencil, I punched holes and set them with my Crop-a-dile II Big Bite tool. Setting the snaps turned out to be a challenge in itself, just trying to get the shaft of each one centered over the lower block on the Crop-a-dile! Thankfully, I managed without having to start over on any of them. :) Finally, I mounted the completed card front to a white A2-size card base, that I'd made from 110 lb. cardstock. I will be sending this card in my final shipment to Operation Write Home. As a reminder, if you want to send them any cards, they have to be in their hands no later than August 1, 2015. Any cards received after that date will be returned at the sender's expense.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Catch the Bug's June "Anything Goes"
Virginia's View Challenge #15: "Ombre/Monochromatic"

4 comments:

  1. Cute card. Thanks for playing in Bugaboo's sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of your card! Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog. Please join us again soon.
    love
    Jen L
    Bugaboo Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!