Friday, June 26, 2015

So Very Lovely


A Blog Named Hero has a sketch challenge going on. They posted the following sketch, by Chari Moss, and challenged participants to create a project based on it:
To begin, I stamped one of the butterflies from Hero Arts' "Butterflies #3" stamp & die set 3 times on a scrap of Strathmore Mixed Media Paper, using Ranger Watering Can Archival ink. I colored them with watercolor pencils, and blended the colors with a damp paintbrush. Once they were dry, I die cut them with the coordinating die.

I chose the plaid patterned paper from my scrap stash, and added a piece of patterned green cardstock from a Momenta 8x8" pad. I also punched a strip of pink cardstock with Fiskars' "Apron Lace" border punch. I adhered all 3 pieces to a scrap piece of cardstock, then stitched around the outside with my sewing machine.

I punched 3 butterflies from vellum, with Martha Stewart's large "Monarch Butterfly" punch, and glued them in place on the card front. I used Ranger Multi Medium Matte--a strong liquid adhesive--to layer the stamped butterflies over top of the vellum ones. I glued just the center portion of both the vellum and stamped butterflies, and slightly bent the wings of the stamped butterflies up to give them a bit of dimension.

For the greeting, I used one from Hero Arts' "You Make Me Smile" stamp set. I stamped it on the front of the card in Versamark ink, then heat embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I finished by adhering the card front to a white A2-size card base. I will be sending this card to Send a Smile 4 Kids.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Send a Smile 4 Kids "Animal Cards 4 Kids"
Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes"
Live Love Cards June "Vellum" challenge

2 comments:

  1. Love your colourful card, your butterflies are so pretty

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!