Monday, June 22, 2015

Home Tweet Home


We recently learned that some friends of ours finally sold their house, and will be moving at the end of the month. So I made a congratulations card for them.

I had found this tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers, and thought it would be perfect for a "new home" card. I first created my A2 card base from burgundy cardstock. I cut a piece of patterned paper, by Recollections, to 4x5.25, and adhered that to the front, before cutting out the "window." I created a window frame from more of the burgundy, and glued that in place.


After lining the inside with a piece of white cardstock, I traced the outline of the window on the white. I opened the card, and stamped some of the images from Technique Tuesday's "Home Tweet Home" set (discontinued) within that boundary. I used Hero Arts' Cup o' Joe ink for the branch & birdhouse, Soft Pool for the bird, and Green Hills for the leaves. I drew the string for the birdhouse with a fine-tip black pen, and dotted the bird's eye with a black gel pen. I stamped the greeting, from the same set, in Versafine Onyx Black ink. Once that had dried, I erased my pencil marks.

I created the blind from a piece of double-sided patterned paper from the Teresa Collins Fabrications "Canvas" 6x6" pad. After scoring & pleating it, I used my Crop-a-Dile II to punch the holes in each end. I adhered the top of the blind to the back of the window with a strip of Scor Tape, and then adhered the card shut with more Scor Tape. I threaded some 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon through the holes in the blind, and knotted the ends, so it wouldn't pull back through.

For the valance, I cut a strip from one of the patterns in Prima's "Doodle Deux" 6x6" pad, and punched one long side with Fiskars' "Scallop Sentiment" border punch. I scored it and adhered it to the top of the window over the blind, with more Scor Tape. Finally, I adhered a piece of white cardstock to the back, where we could write our messages, and this card was done! I gave it to one of the recipients today, and she loved it!

2 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!