Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!



I'm still in the middle of creating Father's Day cards for Operation Write Home. For this card, I used OWH's Sketch #79 as the basis of my design:


I enlarged the focal panel somewhat, to accommodate my image, and added a sentiment strip.

I've been on somewhat of a "Stampers Anonymous" kick lately. I've collected several stamps designed by Tim Holtz over the past couple of years, and have not gotten many of them inky. I think they work well for masculine cards, though, so I pulled them out and have been putting them to good use.

For this card, I used the airplane image from the "Travel Blueprint" set. I cut a panel from 140 lb. watercolor paper, and punched one edge of it with the "Binding Edge" edger punch from EK Success. I then stamped my image onto that, using Versafine Onyx Black ink, and heat embossed it with Recollections Clear Detail embossing powder. I used Distress inks in Iced Spruce, Old Paper, and Stormy Sky. I applied the ink by rubbing the pads directly onto the paper, then used my mister bottle to spray it generously with water. The water "activated" the inks, causing them to pool & spread. I sped the drying process with my heat tool, being careful not to re-melt the embossing powder.

For the strips, I chose 3 patterned papers from the scraps on my desk. I cut them to size, and glued them to a 4.25x5.5" piece of black paper. I then glued my focal panel on top. I inked a piece of white cardstock with Old Paper, and then created my greeting in Photoshop. I printed the greeting directly onto a strip I'd cut from my inked cardstock, and then stapled that to my card front with my Tiny Attacher tool. I also glued down the other end of the strip. Finally, I adhered the card front to an A2 card base.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

Virginia's View Challenge #14: "Layers & Dimensions"
Simon Says Stamp's Work It Wednesday: "Stamping"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!