Monday, April 27, 2015

Flowery Thanks


A Blog Named Hero's current challenge is to create a one-layer card. I actually have a board on Pinterest devoted to one-layer & CAS cards, so I went there to get inspiration. I found this card by Jennifer McGuire, and decided to make a card based on that.

I began by die cutting a mask from a Post-It note using one of the Docrafts X-cut "Flower Bloom" nesting dies. I adhered it to my card base, slightly right of center and towards the top. Then I used various stamps from WPlus9's "Spring Blooms" & Paper Smooches' "Botanicals 2" sets to stamp around the mask. I used mostly Hero Arts inks in Bubble Gum, Butter Bar, Green Hills, Soft Pool, and Soft Lilac; as well as Simon Says Stamp's Sunshine ink. For the larger flower centers, I used Colorbox Chestnut Roan chalk ink.

Once I'd finished stamping the flowers & greenery, I adhered the negative portion of the Post-It around the mask. I peeled up the positive mask, and taped down pieces of copy paper around my negative mask to protect the rest of the card. Then I inked over the open area very lightly with Mowed Lawn Distress ink. I just wanted to provide a little more definition to that shape. Finally, after removing the masking, I stamped my greeting, from Hero Arts' "Dauber Bunch" set, in the open area, using Chestnut Roan ink. And that finished this card, that I have sent off to Operation Write Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!