Thursday, February 19, 2015

No One Like You


A Blog Named Hero's current challenge theme is "Small Scale." The idea is to use small images/elements, or have a lot of white space on your project. I don't know if I achieved lots of white space, but I did use small images.

A friend of ours recently helped us out a lot with a problem, so I decided to create a thank you card to send to her. I started by choosing Hero Arts' "Woodland Creatures" stamp set, mostly because I felt she would like the cute little critters. I die cut the "Stitched Filmstrip" by Pretty Pink Posh from a scrap of green cardstock, and used that to lightly pencil in guidelines on a piece of 140 lb. watercolor paper. Then I stamped the raccoon, skunk, and squirrel in the spaces that would be framed by the die cut, using Ranger's Archival Jet Black ink. After erasing most of my guidelines, I colored the images with Inktense pencils and a damp paintbrush, and used regular watercolor to paint in the "sky" background. Finally, I glued the filmstrip frame onto that, and trimmed off the excess watercolor paper.

For the background, I embossed a piece of white cardstock with the "Stitched Lace" embossing folder by Sizzix, and glued the filmstrip piece to that. I stamped the greeting and the little ladybug from the stamp set onto another piece of watercolor paper, this time using Versafine Onyx Black ink. After setting the ink with my heat tool, I colored the ladybug with watercolor pencils, and then painted a blue wash over the background, to coordinate with the background behind the critters. I used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to staple it to the card front. Finally, I trimmed the embossed piece slightly, and matted it with a piece of teal cardstock from my scrap stash, before adhering it to an A2 card base.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

a2z Scrapbooking "Embossing"
Simon Says Stamp "Add a Little Texture"
Hero Arts "Nature Challenge"

6 comments:

  1. Your card really caught my eye ;o) I like the colour and all the texture! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sweet little card! I love the coloring and fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those creatures are adorable in the tiny frames ... so very glad you joined our Embossing challenge at a2z scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card--I know your friend will love it! So glad you joined us at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That racoon is too cute!! Great card! Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!