Monday, October 6, 2014

Joy of the Season


This is my second of three holiday cards I've made for Operation Write Home. As I mentioned in this post, they do not need as many cards as in the past, but I figure 3 holiday cards from me are not going to put them over the limit.

I loosely based my card design on OWH's Sketch #73:


I recently got some My Favorite Things "Blueprints" die sets, and used 2 of those from this set for the main panels of my card. Because they are slightly smaller than an A2 card, I decided to mat my card front. I also moved the embellishment in the sketch to the left, substituting 3 small snowflakes for the large heart.

I first die cut my card front panels from 2 colors of teal cardstock. To help me place the reindeer stamp (source unknown), I first stamped it using my Stamp-a-ma-jig onto the imaging plate included with it. I taped my panels to my work surface, and positioned the imaging plate. When I had the image where I wanted it, I placed the Stamp-a-ma-jig tool, and stamped my image over the seam on the panels in Versamark ink. I heat embossed it with Ranger Silver embossing powder.

For the greeting, I used one from this Hero Arts set. I stamped it on a strip of white cardstock in Versamark, and silver heat embossed it as well. I did the same for the 3 snowflakes (from a clear stamp set, source unknown). I adhered the greeting strip to the darker teal panel, below the reindeer.

For the mat, I cut a piece of white cardstock to 4.25x5.5", and smooshed Versamark around the outer edges. Then I sprinkled the same silver embossing powder onto that & heat set it. I adhered my card front panels to that, and adhered it to an A2 card base, to finish this card. A simple, but I believe, striking design.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

a2z Scrapbooking's Challenge #1 for World Card Making Day: "Silver, Aqua, & White"
Hero Arts Holiday Challenge: "Mad About Metallics"

1 comment:

  1. I really love your card - the blue and silver combo is just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!