Sunday, October 26, 2014

Happy Birthday...



This is the third & final card I made for my mom's birthday. This one is from the cats. She'd seen the image from Jane's Doodles on this card I'd made for Send a Smile 4 Kids, and just fell in love with it. So of course, I figured I had to make a birthday card using it! Thankfully, her birthday is in October, so the pumpkins make sense. And I just changed the witch's hat to a party hat by using blue & orange and adding polka dots.

I began by choosing this sketch from Operation Write Home:


I did increase the size of the panel & greeting strip slightly, just to give me a little more "real estate" to work with.

I printed the image onto a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media paper. I colored it with watercolor pencils, using a damp paintbrush to blend the colors. I added a light wash of Pumice Stone Distress ink under the cat & pumpkins, just to help ground them a little better.

Inside of card
I created the greeting & inside text in Photoshop. I also created the cats' "signatures" with that, and added a little paw print by each cat's name with one of the custom shape tools. I printed the greeting on a scrap of textured green cardstock, and the inside text onto a blank A2 card base.

To finish the card front, I adhered the focal panel to a piece of patterned paper by The Paper Studio from my scrap stash, and glued the greeting below the cat. Finally, I added a few Doodlebug Designs sequins, using Ranger Multi Medium Matte to glue them.

I'm entering this card in Simon Says Stamp's Monday "Anything Goes" challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness! You have been busy! This card is delightful as well. Those sequins add just the right amount of sparkle. Thank you for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. We love seeing what you've been creating.
    ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!