Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Welcome Tinsley


A friend of my mom's just gave birth to a baby girl. We have established a tradition that, when a friend or co-worker has a new baby, we make a scrapbook album for the baby's first year photos. Then, all the parents have to do is stick in the pictures. And of course, what is a present without a card? So this is the card I made to accompany the gift album.

I took my inspiration from the card featured in this post on Sweet 'n Sassy Stamp's blog. I cut a piece of watercolor paper somewhat smaller than my 5x6.5" card base, since I knew I would be angling & matting it. I stamped 2 of the doilies from this Little Yellow Bicycle set around the panel, using Versamark ink. I then heat embossed them with Ranger Super Fine Detail White embossing powder. I smooshed Distress inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Shabby Shutters, and Peacock Feathers onto my Ranger craft mat, and spritzed them with water. Then I pounced the watercolor panel into the inks, and moved it around a little. I repeated this process until I got the colors looking like I wanted. Finally, I zapped it with my heat tool to speed up the drying.

I cut a piece of pink cardstock about 3/8" shorter and narrower than my card base. I adhered the watercolor panel on it at an angle, and did a little zigzag stitching on a portion of each side.

For the greeting, I die cut a label out of white cardstock using one of the Spellbinders "Lacey Ovals" die. While the cardstock was still in the die, I blended Squeezed Lemonade over the middle. I formatted the words in Photoshop, and printed them onto the label. When I held the label against the watercolor piece, I felt it blended into the background too much. So I used a Spellbinders "Classic Ovals LG" die as a template, traced around it, and cut it out, then blended Peacock Feathers over it. After the ink dried, I glued the label to it, and then adhered that to the watercolor panel with foam adhesive. Finally, I used my ATG tape runner to adhere the front panel to the card base, and I was done.

I'm entering this card in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Stamp It!" challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Andrea :-) I love the background you created, so pretty ! lovely colours and details and am sure the new parents will love it :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the baby album is a great tradition :) such a pretty card! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!