Sunday, September 28, 2014

Scarecrow, Scarecrow


The current challenge at Send a Smile 4 Kids' blog is "Fall Colors 4 Kids." I got this cute "Friendly Scarecrow" stamp by Stampendous at Hobby Lobby recently, and it seemed to pair perfectly with a greeting from this set.

I started with this sketch from Operation Write Home:


I rotated it 90 degrees, and enlarged the focal panel to fit my image & greeting better.

I stamped my focal image onto a piece of watercolor paper, using Ranger Archival Jet Black ink. Since the greeting is a digital image, I scanned the watercolor panel into my computer, then used that image in Photoshop to size & position my greeting properly. I printed the greeting directly onto the panel, and colored the scarecrow with Inktense pencils and my water brush.

Once the focal panel had dried (which didn't take too long), I rounded all 4 corners with my 1/4" Corner Chomper. It felt a bit bland, so I went around the edges with my ink blending tool & Walnut Stain Distress ink. It still didn't "feel" right, so I cut a slightly larger mat from a red-orange cardstock, rounded the corners of that, and glued the focal panel to it. It only has a 1/16" border, but it was enough to ground the panel without covering too much of the card's background.

I chose 2 patterned papers from my scrap stash and cut them down for the background. I adhered them to a piece of the same cardstock I'd used for the mat, and adhered that to my card front. I threaded 3 buttons with pieces of raffia, to keep with the fall/scarecrow theme, and glued them to the lower left corner of the focal panel with Ranger Multi Medium in the matte finish. And that completed this card!

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Monday "Stencils & Stamps"
Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes"

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! That scarecrow image is darling. I love the way you've colored him. Thank you for sharing your sweet card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, beautiful card, what a lovely scarecrow.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!