Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I Love You in Any Language


Every week, Operation Write Home has a Midweek Throwdown Challenge. The theme for this past week has been to use the color combination of pink & grey/black. I must admit I was stumped, but finally decided to go through my stamps & see what "spoke" to me. I have had this stamp & die set from Simon Says Stamp for a while now, & never really used it. But the image of the hand signing "I love you," seemed like it would be perfect as a focal point for this challenge. So out came that set!

Next, I chose one of OWH's sketches for my design:


I stamped the hand onto white cardstock, in Ranger Archival Jet Black ink, and then cut it with the coordinating die. I used a pattern from the Prima "Doodle Deux" 6x6" paper pad for the small squares, and matted them on a mid-tone grey cardstock. I used another, almost solid, pattern from the same pad for the background, again matting it on the grey cardstock. I stamped a greeting from the set onto a piece of lighter grey cardstock in Jet Black ink, and inked around the edges of the strip with Weathered Wood Distress ink.

When I placed the hand on the background, I felt it was kind of "floating" there. So I ended up punching a 2" circle from the same cardstock I'd stamped the greeting on, to put behind it. I adhered the circle to the background, and then popped the hand and the greeting strip up on foam tape. I adhered the whole panel to an A2-size card base, and voila--another love card for a military hero to send home to his significant other!

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes" challenge
Simon Says Stamp's "Work It Wednesday" (to use SSS exclusives)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful card, the hand sign is a lovely finish.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!