Sunday, June 29, 2014

Hello Handsome


Several months ago I got the Ranger Tiny Attacher at my local scrapbooking store. Sadly, since putting it away where I decided it belongs, it has not seen much use. Since Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge this week is to use something that you don't use much, I figured this was a good time to break out my Tiny Attacher. And yet, I still kept forgetting to use it! So today I was determined to use it.

I figured, since staples can look more masculine than feminine, I would make a masculine love card to send to Operation Write Home. I used the following OWH sketch for my design:


Since the center panels in the sketch were 3x4", I decided this would also be a perfect opportunity to use my 3x4" Stitched Journaling Card die by Lawn Fawn. I wanted a patriotic card, so I pulled out my "Red White and Blue" 6x6" patterned paper pad by We R Memory Keepers. I die cut one of the panels from the blue star paper in the pad, and the other from a scrap of burgundy cardstock I had in my stash. I layered them and glued them together.

I stamped the greeting using one of the sentiments from this stamp set by Hero Arts, using Chipped Sapphire Distress ink on a scrap of white cardstock. I cut it into a banner shape, then glued it down to the die cut panels, adding 2 staples with my Tiny Attacher.

I chose another pattern from the same WRMK paper pad for the background, and matted it with a piece of navy blue cardstock. I adhered the die cut panels to the background, and then adhered the card front to a standard A2, side-folding card base. All-in-all, the card came together remarkably quickly.

I'm also entering this in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes"
a2z Scrapbooking's "Stars & Stripes" June Linky Party

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love the colors and patterns together. The stitched border is very cute. hank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card. love the patterns. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back again to say how much I am also enjoying this card and wanted you to know that we really appreciate that you took the time to enter it into the Linky Party! I also am a fan of the SSS challenges and play in those too! Good luck in both and I really HOPE you have a wonderful 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun, love the sentiment! Thanks for joining in at a2z Scrapboooking Supplies!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!