Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Thank You



I needed another thank you card for Operation Write Home's Military Appreciation Month campaign. I used Sketch #1 from the Hero Arts "New Sketch Challenge" (though I'm not entering this card in the challenge, since I didn't use any Hero Arts stamps).

I embossed some green cardstock with the "Dot Swirl" embossing folder from this set. I cut it to size, and cut a piece of patterned paper from My Mind's Eye "Chevron" 6x6" pad for the bottom. I die cut the top edge of the patterned paper with this Simon Says Stamp die. I adhered both pieces to brown cardstock, cut to a standard A2 card size, overlapping the embossed cardstock with the patterned paper.

I used this Poppystamps die for the sprigs on either side of the greeting, cutting them out of dark green cardstock. I stamped the greeting (using Hero Arts Unicorn ink) with this stamp onto the same brown cardstock I used for the mat. After die cutting the greeting with a Spellbinders Classic Circles die, I marked where it would go on the card, and glued down my sprigs so they would be partially behind it. Finally, I glued the greeting over the sprigs, and mounted the card front onto an A2 card base.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Die Crazy"
Operation Write Home's May ODBD "Embossing"

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous color combo and great texture! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Die Crazy Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!