Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Thank You So Much!


I have been busy the past few days making thank you cards for members of a friend's Boy Scout troop to write on. They will then go to Operation Write Home to send to our overseas military as part of Military Appreciation Month. This card is another one in that series.

I used this sketch by OWH for my card:


Other than adding a small mat around the border, and cutting a banner end in the greeting strip, I made no adjustments to the sketch.

I cut a piece of patterned paper from BasicGrey's "Fact" 6x6" paper pad for the card front, and matted it with a piece of dark brown cardstock. For the spotted panel, I cut a piece from graphic 45's "Good Ol' Sport" 6x6" pad. I laid a dot stencil by Donna Downey over it, and sprayed it with Dylusions White Linen spray ink.

I didn't have a thank you stamp that really fit the look of the card, so I created my greeting in Photoshop and printed it on a banner cut from kraft cardstock. I glued it to the card front, and the card was finished!

I'm entering this card in Simon Says Stamp's Work It Wednesday "Patterned Paper" challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!