Sunday, May 11, 2014

Loons Thank You



Here is another thank you card for Operation Write Home to send to a military hero overseas in observance of Military Appreciate Month. You can read more about that on OWH's website.

I used the following OWH sketch for my design:


Other than flipping the sketch horizontally, this time I didn't make any alterations.

For the background, I inked up this stamp by Our Daily Bread Designs with Stormy Sky Distress ink, and stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock cut to a standard A2 card size. I adhered a piece of black paper over the one side; both to ground the image & greeting panels, and to echo the black in the loons.

I stamped the 2 loons onto watercolor paper using Ranger Archival Jet Black ink (my go-to ink for stamping when I want to watercolor), and colored the background with a wash of Stormy Sky/water for the sky, and blue watercolor for the water. When that was dry, I rounded the corners with my 3/8" Corner Chomper.

I inked a piece of white cardstock with Weathered Wood Distress ink, and then stamped the greeting in Chipped Sapphire ink. I die cut that with a Spellbinders circle die. Finally, I adhered the loon and greeting panels to the card front.

I'm entering this card in Our Daily Bread Designs "Wing It" challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Another handsome card Andrea! Beautifully done! Thanks for supporting our military and supporting our challenge at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, another beautiful card for our military, Andrea! Once again, you are a joy, and it's always wonderful to see you support our ODBD challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!