Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Go Confidently in the Direction of Your Dreams



My cousin-in-law is graduating from the University of Maryland this week. So my brother suggested I make her a card for her graduation. (He's apparently been very impressed with the cards I've made so far!) I started by looking up UMD's school colors, which are yellow, red, black, and white, inspired by the state flag. I felt the colors were a bit bold for a feminine card, so I decided to go with more pastel tones of yellow & pink.

Once I had chosen my colors of cardstock, I went through my collection of dies. I finally settled on this Spellbinder's die set. I cut the pink layer from the largest die, and cut the yellow from the next largest.

I felt the yellow layer needed something extra, so I embossed the center with one of Spellbinders' Gold Ovals One dies. I stamped a butterfly in the center of that embossed area, using Colorbox Archival dye ink in Putty.

I printed the quote on vellum, and cut it with a Spellbinders Classic Ovals die. I ran it through my Xyron machine, and adhered it over the butterfly.

I inked the front of a white card base with Aged Mahogany Distress ink, and then glued my die cut pieces to it. And there it is--a complex-looking, but fairly simple, graduation card!

I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Die Crazy" challenge.

1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!