Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hearts + Pearls Love Card


I created this card for Operation Write Home. I used a Fiskars shape template to trace & cut out the large heart. I cut out a smaller heart, using the same template, from copy paper, then temporarily adhered that to the front of the large heart as a mask. I then stamped over it with Sweet 'n' Sassy Stamp's "Delightfully Delicate Background" stamp with brown pigment ink. When I removed the mask, I outlined the inner heart with a brown marker, to define it more. I stamped the sentiment, from this stamp set by Hero Arts, inside the smaller heart with the same brown pigment ink.

I cut down a scrap of green patterned paper I've had forever to 4x5.25" and mounted it on a 4.25x5.5" piece of burgundy cardstock. Then I glued the heart to that, and added pearls from The Paper Studio.

I'm entering this card in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Anything Goes with Pearls" challenge.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and so elegant, Andrea! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes with Pearls!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!