Sunday, March 9, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!



Operation Write Home's Midweek Throwdown challenge this week is to create Mother's Day cards. So I figured I'd do a couple. So far, I've created four! This is one of them. I used this stencil by Hero Arts for the top part of the background. I taped it directly to the front of the card base, and went over it with Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers, Wild Honey, and Mustard Seed, using my Ranger ink blending tool. I used a piece of patterned paper from a 6x6 pad for the lower panel, adding a piece of green satin ribbon to cover the seam. I cut the tag from white cardstock using an old Coluzzle template. The greeting is from this set by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I stamped the small heart/flourish image above it. I punched a 1/8" hole in the top, threaded yellow baker's twine through, and tied it around the green ribbon. I glued the twine to the ribbon near the middle with Glossy Accents, and then covered that spot with a yellow button, threaded with the same twine.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday "Tag It" challenge

A Blog Named Hero's Challenge #39: "Stencil It"

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Andrea, I love your stencilling.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts on my work, so feel free to speak your mind!